(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: For Dad

Friday, May 29, 2009

For Dad

Sorry this one is kind of blurry....
but you can get an idea of the size of this chunk of Brazilian Amethyst
Dad brought back from their southern gold mining travels.

It is sitting on their Fisher fireplace insert!




My mom is strong and bright and optimistic, and someone I admire more than you could imagine. She could use some serious prayers right now and we are doing our best to supply them...

However, this certainly gives one pause for thought. Maybe we should get a permit or something.


****Update! You should go see my Sis-in-law's blog today! She has pics of my handsome little brother working on a giant statue at the UN. So cool! (Click on 'em for a good look.)

8 comments:

lisa said...

Very good photo, isn't it just a gorgeous piece? I love this stone (of course it is my birthstone)!

Deb said...

Wow - that's absolutely beautiful and happens to be my favorite color!
Will be happy to keep your Mom in our prayers;
although I'm not sure if I should actually write that - you just never know who's reading and might try to fine us for breaking some law....I find it all such a violation of our personal freedoms. What will they think of next?

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Beautiful!

Will keep your Mom in our thoughts and prayers.

Dani said...

Sending happy thoughts and prayers. Hope everything turns out ok.

Ericka said...

ooh, i like rocks, and that one's a beaut.

i'll keep your mom in my thoughts.

threecollie said...

Lisa, it is simply an amazing chunk of rock!

Deb, thank you so much for that....and I was simply appalled when I read that story. What on earth is this country coming to?

Nita, a double thank you to you.

Dani, thanks, I am learning to really appreciate my mom these days

Ericka, thanks twice over to you as well.

Tipper said...

~My girls would faint over your father's find
~I'll say a prayer for your mother
~I'll say a prayer for your family and your farm situation
~permit for bible study-have mercy I better start praying harder for our government

threecollie said...

Tipper, thanks for your prayers. In times like these they are more important than ever. Take care.