(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: 2010

Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

Sometimes a piece of yarn is a mighty fine thing

Good morning all, and Happy New Year. Not much to say yet, beyond those things.....
I hope for all of you and for our nation and our struggling world that this just-born year with the neat name...twenty-ten, I like that...will be better, kinder, sweeter in the savoring, than this one just past was.

Good things happened last year though, in between the struggles and problems. Mom made it through chemo and is her wonderful self again...and maybe it is good that all of us learned to appreciate just how wonderful that self always has been. She is such an enthusiastic, upbeat, happy and loving person, always able to see and enjoy the bright side of every single thing in life. We have been so darned lucky to have her as our mom all those years, anchoring, negotiating peace and making really good soup. Nowadays, I at least, know just how grateful I need to be for that.

Brotherly peace and love found our family this year in so many ways...... I will be grateful for that forever I expect. I wish that my whole life I had appreciated the folks in my family. They sure were and are good folks.

Scrolling back through the photos here on Northview this past week in the course of writing my year end retrospective for the Farm Side, I got to see and remember just a little of the amazing beauty that was put on parade for us day in and day out. I hope this upcoming year I remember to stop and savor all that a little more, in between worrying about bills and breakdowns.

Thanks for visiting! Best wishes to every one of you from all of us at Northview Farm

12 comments:

lisa said...

Same to you! We sure do have a wonderful family!

Dani said...

Happy New Year!! I'm so glad I came over here from PF one day last year. It's been great getting to know you and the family through the blog.

joated said...

Wishing you and yours a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Anonymous said...

Always nice to look back and have things to be thankful for! All the very best in 2010 to you and yours and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it ;)

moos said...

Health & happiness for the New Year & always.

Jeffro said...

Back at ya, Marianne! I hope the New Year is good to the denizens of Northview! I've really appreciated your friendship and being invited into your thoughts on this blog, plus seeing the wonderful pictures you post. God Bless y'all!

Ed said...

Nice post and Happy New year to you and your family, love the cat pic, it is the simple thing that make life worth living..:-)

NumberWise said...

Happy New Year to you and to all at Northview. Thank you for taking the time each day to share your daily life and thoughts with us. Your blog always provides me with food for thought, and often I'm grinning as I think about what you have written. I truly admire the way you have maintained your upbeat attitude during an awful year, and your photographs are always a joy. Here's to a more prosperous Twenty-Ten!

Freste said...

Three, here's to awesome things in store for you, your kids, your mom, your your family and those beauteous moo critters. Best of the New Year to you, TC.

threecollie said...

Lisa, thanks, we do indeed and you and Matt are a wonderful part of it.

Dani, I am glad too...I have met so many nice folks from your region on FC's blog...they enrich my life in so many ways

Joated, thank you so much and the same good wishes to you and yours

Linda, thank you! All the best to you and yours as well

Moos, thank you so much, and the same to you

Jeffro, thank you...it has been good to get to know you as well. I will never forget your photo of Loveland Pass!

Ed, thanks, it truly is...sometimes it is hard to slow down and see them, but it seems as if they are always there

NW, I MISS you!! I hope we can get together sometime soon and talk...or even telephone. Thanks for the kind words and wishing you the same. Take care

Steve, thank you, I hope you have a good year too. As always it is rare that a day goes by that you are not in my thoughts

FC, thanks, Happy New Year to you too.

Mrs. Mecomber said...

Happy New Year to you, your family, your pets, your cows, and everyone out your way. You make us feel like we are a part of your family: I laugh with you, I cry with you... here's praying that 2010 we laugh more than we cry!

God bless you and yours, my dear friend. And batten down the hatches! ;)

flowerweaver said...

Happy New Year! I've enjoyed getting to know you in 2009.