(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sunday Stills...Favorite Recipes

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Stills...Favorite Recipes














These are known as Aunt Marianne's Butterscotch Cookies. Unbeknown to their devoted fan constituency, the sneaky chef merely replaces the chocolate chips in a basic Toll House Chocolate Chip recipe with butterscotch chips and then makes bar cookies rather than drop cookies (this practice was instituted when there was a busy farm and a bate of little farm kids to deal with and dropping cookies on a cookie sheet and baking for hours was a non-starter as a policy.


Sprinkles are an essential addition. They are not cookies without sprinkles.




For more Sunday Stills.....

Please excuse the sideways cookie photo. It is rotated properly in Picasa but will not stay that way....

14 comments:

Dani said...

They would not last long in my house!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. I sure miss eating a good cookie. :)

lisa said...

Sure looks good.

June said...

Ahhhhh, Gahhhhd....first Grandmother with the Lake Champlain Chocolates, and now this.
I'm doomed to get me a sugar high today.

Jeffro said...

Sigh....

I just put on ten pounds looking!

MTWaggin said...

Nice photos and you could do a cookbook taking those! I agree with the bar cookies - a must in a busy household and we grew up with those too.

Linda said...

You can bake for me any old time!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Do you serve to adults too with sprinkles?

My 14 year old can chomp down a whole lot before I can ask, any left?

threecollie said...

Dani, except some I saved back for Liz and the BF they are gone.....


Dibear, I still eat a few...prolly more than I should. They are my favorites

Lisa, thanks


June, this was a real punishing challenge. lol

Jeffro, too bad you don't haul through central NY

MT, thanks, Beck and I talk about doing a Northview cookbook someday. We don't have enough recipes yet, but we both like to experiment and we have a handful of good ones.

Linda, I sure would if you lived closer!

Ann, oh, yes, always sprinkles for everyone. lol

Michelle said...

Love the chips photo especially! These cookies are yummy...I need to stop looking at all these food photos! I'm getting so hungry!

Ed said...

Those look too good....:-)

threecollie said...

Michelle, thanks, I made them just for Sunday Stills, but the family sure didn't complain. lol

Ed, sorry about the cookies. I know you couldn't have them, but they are easy, so that is what I made

aurora said...

YUM, and I hear ya on the bars vs drop cookies. I love the sideways cookie photo, thought it was intentional. Nice job on the challenge, like the photo progression leading all the way up to being enjoyed!

threecollie said...

aurora, thanks for your kind words. This was kind of a fun one and we had cookies at the end!