(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Fonda Fair

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Fonda Fair

Antique milking machines....sure glad I don't have to use them

Some fair goers I think I have seen somewhere before

The butter sculpture

Bling...she doesn't look her best because she HATED the water and didn't like to drink

Portrait of Thursdon Hand....we thought very highly of this wonderful man

I can remember these. I think I rode in one.

A pretty horse

There are always a few jackasses at the fair!


The whole fair was a tribute to the army of volunteers who cleaned away feet of mud and water and mess to put on a show that sparkled. Wish the weather had treated them better...what a wild and rainy week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fair staff and VOLUNTEERS did a fantastic job cleaning up a terrible mess. I was proud of our fair, and sorry that more people didn't attend.
Lee

lisa said...

If we hadn't of been so tired we would of made an attempt to go yesterday! Thanks for sharing!

nyvolfan said...

You prob could have used the photo of the fair goers for the jackasses photo too..LOL I know I've been called that a few times and would have to think The Boss has been called that a few times as well..haha Great photos!!!!

Dani said...

Elizabeth would have a blast going to a fair. So many cool things to see.

threecollie said...

Lee, it was amazing what they did. It is a shame that people didn't come.

Lisa, I can imagine how tired you guys must be!

NYV, I was hoping you wouldn't be mad at me. lol

Dani, wish she could! So much for kids to see and do.

Cathy said...

So funny. I'm sitting here beside my sister in Colorado . . up comes this post . . I spot that child-conveyance and the word 'taylor tot' pops into my old brain.

Sure nuff. Googled it and up came ebay results wherein there were a couple worth $900 !!!!

I've got a picture of myself in one of those.

threecollie said...

Cathy, lol, grandma had one I am pretty sure. And I seem to remember sitting in it...maybe....

Anonymous said...

we used milkers like the one on the left back in th late 50's I think. I also remember the blue metal strollers. now I am telling my age.