(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: January Rain

Friday, January 27, 2012

January Rain

Seems with our changing weather patterns we get at least one damaging rain storm in January. Every single year.


Yaktrax Tracks


Seems that this is it. Everything is awash in water running over the ice and frozen ground. Not very nice for walking. Can't say enough about those Yaktrax (and no they don't pay me.) Gotta get the boss a set.


There is little of interest going on...the boss keeps working on the furnace, making it a little warmer at least. We keep milking cows and feeding cows and cleaning out the stables...picking things up and putting them down. Dad is having kind of a hard time, but I guess he is progressing....and that is about all the news that is fit to print.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Post surgery is so tough. Wish we had Star Trek technology.

This weather can't be helping your Dad's spirits. Still holding him in our thoughts and prayers. Hubby and I were remarking that it's so da** gray that you haven't a clue as to what time of day it is.

(I'll bet that pix of Yak Trak tracks is for FC. Poor fella never gets to wear 'em :)

Terry and Linda said...

Wish I could give you and your Mom and Dad big hugs. This is the hardest part of healing!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Cathy, he is having a real tough time and he is indeed one of us who suffer from SAD. I keep hoping and praying for a good news day.....I get a kick out of all the yaktrax trax going back and forth to the barn. Only Becky and I wear them (so far) but we sure do make a lot of tracks.

Linda, thank you! It is!

Cathy said...

i'm so sorry your dad is having a rough time. I got SAD bad. Keith just left for a week and I gotta tell you . . this gray weather and the empty house. . . . Belch!

Cathy said...

Ahem . . . that's 'Blech' . . NOT 'Belch' . .
LOL!!!

threecollie said...

Cathy, oh that must be hard! I am worried about dad, which is about all I can do...hopefully the hospital staff can get him stable and healing and soon.

Cathy said...

Let me know, please. And knowing what I know about worry, I'm glad you have a busy schedule to keep you moving forward.