(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Song Sparrow Serenade

Friday, April 06, 2012

Song Sparrow Serenade

Took Nick out for a walk this morning just before the sun came up. 




Song sparrows were singing from perches near and far, at least seven or eight of them, plus a few robins and a cardinal. Something was making a strange wooden chirp from the old apple tree and the mockingbird has finally learned some new songs.


Sweet indeed.


I hear we are going to be seeing rain all next week....which I really hope doesn't augur the start of another summer from Hell....but meanwhile I love the chilly, bird-filled mornings with the sun coming up like a cold peach sundae.

6 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Your pictures are really buoying me up these days, as our winter lingers on. Thank you!

Cathy said...

The one bird we NEVER hear in our suburban neighborhood is the song sparrow. You are blessed, blessed and blessed. I have to leave home to get it. I can't imagine having that sweetness always nearby.

Can't believe that defiant daffodil pix. What a shot.

joated said...

"Defiant daffodil"? I was going to say that I wondered what it did that was so bad it had to be jailed!

Glad your mocker finally has shaken the ear worm it had contracted and is now providing some variety!

threecollie said...

REv. Paul, if they help I am glad. I love reading about your state and I think it must be one of the most wonderful places in the world...truly awesome...but I don't think I would handle long winters very well.

Cathy, huh, that is surprising. they are downright ubiquitous here. However, I have never experienced such a dearth of the other common sparrow this year. Not one single white throated, white crowned, field or anything else. It is weird!

threecollie said...

Joated, got your comment in my inbox but it vanished from here...hmmmm.

threecollie said...

There, fixed now, the spam box had it. For some reason the flower bloomed inside that old bird feeder and looked so bashful hanging there. lol