(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sunday Stills....Sports

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Sunday Stills....Sports



This was a fun challenge. My favorite sport at this time of my life is birding...as if you couldn't guess. So here is a ruby-throated hummingbird who chose to share the garden with me the other day when I was picking herbs to use in cooking dinner. This year we have a passel of incredibly tame ones that buzz all around us if we go near the feeders. I swear if you are not careful you will end up with one in your ear. I love them!






And another unconventional, but oft indulged in sport, wherever there are cattle, is fencing....so in honor of the Olympics, here are pics of the two days this week that Alan and I spent at the practice of that.....sport.




For more Sunday Stills......

16 comments:

Eva @View from the Hillside said...

Fencing! LOL!

dickiebo said...

True Olympic spirit. Well done!

Ed said...

Very funny, great hummingbird shots too..:-)

aurora said...

Nice photo's, with a fun twist on the challenge!

Linda said...

The hummer is AMAZING! We're doing the olympic sport of fencing right now too. It's an epic challenge;)))))

Terry and Linda said...

Your hummer photo is AMAZING! Fencing is always something to do in the summer and the winter and in the fall, oh, yes, and not to forget...the spring!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

WildBlack said...

The humming bird shots are really crisp.. very nice shots :D You should've waited for really long for these shots! isn't it?

The Dancing Donkey said...

Ah yes, fencing, I might actually have qualified for that one. I certainly get lots of practice:). Lovely shots.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great shots of the hummers..and I like your Olympic Style Fencing too:)

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the humming bird shot, and loved your spirit on sports

threecollie said...

Thank you all for your kind words! I am so grateful to have the boy home for a bit so the Olympic sports are getting taken care of!

Janice said...

Nice bird. Cute... Fencing...I might have made the finals in that event.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Fencing - love it!!!

Cathy said...

Ah . . . a hummingbird as earring! Yes!!

You must be a darn good shape . . . I'm betting you'd qualify for the team :)

Cathy said...

That would be: " You must be "IN" darn good shape."

I was up til 3 am watching the Mars Rover landing.

threecollie said...

Cathy, nah, I am a marshmallow. lol, just stubborn enough to hike out there whether I am an asset to the fencing job or not.