(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Kittehs

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kittehs


Our logger, scrapper, trader friend delivered a mama kitty and two teen-aged kittens to our barn yesterday. Mom is  black and white, kitties are sort of tortie-calicoes; all are lovely. 

They are enthroned in the milk house just now in the interests of letting them learn where they belong......

They are already accustomed to an outdoor home life with coyotes abounding, so maybe, hopefully they will be smart enough to avoid predation. 

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Good luck to the kittehs, as they learn. I know predators fill a niche in the food chain, but sometimes ...

Terry and Linda said...

I sure hope so! Nothing like a barn cat or two! Good for you!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

lisa said...

You should of let me know, I would of gladly sent over some of my barn cats, they love to hunt ;)

Cathy said...

Ditto Rev. Paul and others . .
Wish I weren't allergic to cats.
I've created a bit of a problem by throwing birdseed around close to the house.
Yep. Pretty sure I've been feeding birds and mice.
This time of year they start sifting into the basement. Drats.