(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Bull

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Bull


I wonder how many cattle are changing hands this week and the next couple to pay property taxes around here.....

Anyhow, I am here to tell you that it is not one bit comforting to be loading a bull of which you are downright afraid and have the stanchion, which has of late confined him, crumble to bits when opened.

I was glad that there was also a neck collar, two chains, and lots of other stuff holding him in and it together.

I am also very glad that he is gone. Kudos to the loading crew, especially the young man on the halter.

I ain't a gonna miss that big red so and so.....

6 comments:

Dani said...

Glad to hear you're safe and sound!

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad to hear you got rid of him.

lisa said...

I don't think I would miss him either!

threecollie said...

Cathy, I walked into the barn...he was standing there in the middle stall like a dose of simmering thunder and I just sighed happily. It was like a ray of sunshine to have his nasty butt gone from my milking string.

Dani, thanks, what a relief!

Rev. Paul, so happy to see the last of him. He wasn't big for a bull, only a thousand forty pounds, but he had NO respect for people, which is a terrible thing for a large animal.

Lisa, happy dance last night I'll tell you. got just what I was hoping for for him too.

June said...

If you got what you wanted for him, he did you a good turn in the end, then, didn't he?
Good thing there was all that extra apparatus on the boy during the loading.

threecollie said...

June, You sure are right about that. When that stanchion hit the floor in pieces I was real glad that I have been a nagging wife and made the men put extra restraints on him. If not for the chain, the parachute cord on the top of it etc, we would have met him one day loose in the barn. I know I'm a scaredy cat but I am so glad he's gone.