Life on a family dairy farm
in the wilds of
Upstate New York
Monday, October 29, 2012
Waiting for Sandy...and Daylight
After a weekend of intense attention to the storm we wait. What will we get from the potential mess offered by the storm? What will our friends in other states get? Well, I hope not much, but some of the latest maps show it pointed right our way. Meanwhile I am waiting for daylight before I walk the old dog because he seems to be leaning toward just wandering away willy-nilly.
The boss will get out early and chop if he can. Not much more to be done. We let the stove go out in case we lose power. The damper is supposed to shut it off, but I don't trust it and after last winter without heat I would rather be chilly now than burn the stove up again and suffer that misery. And so, I hope that you all are safe and out of harm's way and that the storm isn't as bad as threatened. Take care.