(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Slacker Saturday

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Slacker Saturday


Nothing to report. It is cold and we woke up to a little snow. Al had to work today, but at least he is off tomorrow. It costs him money to work Saturdays because taxes erase the extra ten hours worth of hard, outdoor work he puts in...which kinda stinks, but that is all just gonna get worse next year. We're rich ya know.

Meanwhile a thin east wind blew all day yesterday and into the night and showed me the chinks in my defenses against the cold on that side of the house. So I ran around with my trusty staple gun and plastic and hung a couple of curtains where I had taken them down to let the light in for the summer. Made things a little better.

Hoping the boy can get the Christmas lights he bought hung soon, so I can plastic up the door to that porch. This house was built as a summer home and it sucks the cold inside and holds it in its mouth like a kid with the last piece of watermelon. I am plumb fond of polar fleece and the nice down vest I got as a door prize from our favorite veterinarian at their picnic. And yes, I wear a hat indoors.......

Anyhow, hope you are warm and dry and well fed.......

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

It's cold here, too, but our decorating is done. I'm glad you're warm & dry.

Ruth said...

"It costs him money to work Saturdays because taxes erase the extra ten hours worth of hard, outdoor work he puts in...which kinda stinks, but that is all just gonna get worse next year. We're rich ya know."

Geez that sounds familier. Hubby's been working overtime since Sandy hit. Its quite frustrating to get that paycheck and watch the majority of that overtime pay go somewhere other than our bank accounts.

Terry and Linda said...

I love how you write...someday you should write a book. When you have time.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

Cathy said...

See? That simile relating the house and cold to a kid with a mouthful of watermelon?

Completely original and beyond perfect.

I knew and loved a great house like yours as a kid. My great aunt's summer home on White Lake in Michigan. I remember the patina of the wood walls. She traveled to relatives in the winter when the cold got to be a bit much.

She was a dear, spunky lady.