(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: What Does it Say

Thursday, October 24, 2013

What Does it Say


About this silly farmer person that I am grinning from ear to ear this morning because the Mousehunt game on Facebook Rick Roll'd players for Trick or Treat? Totally caught me off guard. Thought I was going to get some ingame reward......however, I love the song. Have to play it three or four times whenever it crops up.

Oh, and that kinda/sorta poem that came to me the other day while I watched a pair of robins sky fighting at dawn the other day....Robert Dennis and his son have turned it into a western song. 

You cannot imagine how thrilled I am at this. I have always loved music and spent years in a band with my brother and friends, back in the day....rhythm guitar player and token blond, as was required in bands in those days. We played at school dances and later in bars and clubs. 

I could tell you stories about the time the motor cycle gang (probably wannabes, but I was plenty scared) showed up at Lake Aire where we were playing and made us play Born to Be Wild all night, while they tossed other patrons off the roof onto cars....

And lots of other times too....like playing a battle of the country bands kind of thing, after my right hand got accidentally dehorned by the dehorning iron earlier in the day. I had a perfect little circle of ouch that night.

Anyhow, I have always loved music, a lot. Always, every minute of the night and day, have some song playing in the back of my mind. I wake up with a song in my head and go to sleep ditto, and dream music every night too.

Thus it was pretty cool last night during chores to have a song that I had a part in writing, even if it was only a very small part, playing on that mental jukebox all through chores. Robert said I could post it here to share it with you, but alas, I have no idea how to do so.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I get it good and smooth I will post a link and no, you did not have a small part, you had a very large part! This would never have happened, if it wasn't for you and your thoughts and words, so please take most of the credit, we just took your words and flew with them, and they were so great, it was very easy! And yes, it is stuck in my head now also... just got to practice and make it better...then we will figure out how to get it to where your readers can hear it... I'd think one of them would know how to post it on here when anyone clicks on this page...little help here, anyone got any idea's? It's an mpeg4/ m4a file...

Rev. Paul said...

Blogger doesn't like direct embedding of music; requires a URL, meaning it has to be published elsewhere first.
Have you thought about putting it on YouTube? Then you could embed it here.

Terry and Linda said...

How very exciting...I want to hear it also! I grew up in a musical family...guitar and fiddle on the porch at night...you know...just down home music, but still I love it!

If you go to youtube and set up an account you will be able to download your song, then attach it to your blog site.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Ruth said...

Mousehunt is the one Facebook game I play lol

Jeffro said...

What Reverend Paul said. Upload it to YouTube or someone similar so you can get an embed code.

Cathy said...

Wow and double wow!
That business about you being in the band playing Born to be Wild while that gang was throwing people off the roof!
Dang. I've sure lived a dull life :(

I'll be waiting with others for that Youtube link!

threecollie said...

Thank you, Robert, for your kind words. This has been so much fun for me!

Rev. Paul, thanks! Sounds like it might work.

Linda, in our family it seemed to crop up in our generation...mostly my brother, and I just tagged along. had a lot of fun though

Ruth, um....we should "friend" each other so we can hunt together. Been playin' Mousehunt since the game was new. lol

Jeffro, thanks!

Cathy, it was pretty scary at the time, but hilarious in retrospect. The roof was very low, so no one was hurt...too much...but it sure was a long night for the band. We were afraid to take a break, or quit at quittin' time, and we sure got sick of Born to be Wild. And awful glad we happened to know it. lol

Ruth said...

Can't figure out how to find your email to send you may real name for facebook...not that its really a secret I guess but I kep hoping the less personal info I connect here and there the little bit more it'll take someone to track me down!

Anyway, feel free to email me at the ruthcatrin @ gmail.com if you want to!

threecollie said...

Ruth, looks like we have it figured out. Fun!