(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The Washing Machine Froze this Morning

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Washing Machine Froze this Morning




For the first time ever. It is okay now, but dang, that's cold! Just checked Weather Underground..minus 11.6.I have a wall of gallon jugs of hot water around Daisy's doggie bed. She is not designed for this weather.

I want to thank you all for your responses to yesterday's question, both here and on Facebook. Most of the same emotions as yours flooded our minds when we read the story as well, anger at the system, outrage at the author, anger at those who would abuse the system, compassion for those who need it and get reviled along with the abusers...the story is complex and it sure ain't pretty.

However, last night was pretty, in an OMG!! kind of way. When I went upstairs the view through the big windows showed the entire scene bathed in distinct blue. Every snow bank, blue, every tree, blue, sky merging into ground, all blue, blue, blue.

Quite a bright blue, like the color of a bluebird. Some effect of the moon I guess, which came up all dark and ominous and is now sailing away on a cloud of ice vapor having, left behind a trail of frozen everything.





I dread the barn. Something will be frozen, beyond a doubt. Something besides the watering trough, which needs to be chipped out every day.

5 comments:

June said...

I'm keeping the windows covered to ward off the cold, but I did catch a glimpse of that frosty blue just before I climbed into bed.

Rev. Paul said...

You're a couple degrees colder than us this morning; we have -9.3 here at the house.

The full moon was pretty, though. It's funny how often your weather & ours is the same.

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Such hardy stock you all are! Fingers crossed that you don't have too much damage and that this cold doesn't stick around.

5F is cold here, I admire you folks!

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Such hardy stock you all are! Fingers crossed that you don't have too much damage and that this cold doesn't stick around.

5F is cold here, I admire you folks!

threecollie said...

June, the majority of ours are covered too, but I keep a few so we can see out. It was lovely and I wished I was a better night photographer.

Rev. Paul, it is odd indeed, but true. we often get storms at the same time and everything

Nita, thanks, but we don't have mountain lions, so I admire your fortitude more. We may freeze, but the scariest things out there are the coyotes and most of them are pretty leery. I have never forgotten that shot you posted a couple years ago of a lion at the end of your garden. Shudder.