(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: There's a Storm A'comin'

Monday, February 03, 2014

There's a Storm A'comin'

My late father-in-law used to call this solid comfort

Or so they say. Midweek, I guess. But for now we will enjoy having our boy back in the 518, working just across the river and up the road. I'm telling you, it's really sweet.

On the backyard menu

And then yesterday we had all the kids around at one time or another, also sweet. I am getting so nervous about our daughter having a daughter, and the date keeps getting moved up.....




We are expecting a couple of calves any minute now....probably Wednesday, storm day, knowing the way cattle behave.



 A little taste of springlike weather has visited too though,with the chickens loose to run around the yard (scarfing up all the wild bird food, alas) and the cats sunning, and the robins stopping by every morning for some applesauce.

I guess we had better enjoy it while it lasts as well as getting ready for the upcoming weather event. In case you too are affected by this predicted storm, I suggest you hie yourself to the store for essentials, such as TP, bread, and most importantly, lots and lots of milk......

8 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I hope any bad stuff misses you entirely.

lisa said...

First I heard 3-6 inches now I heard this morning, 5-15!

joated said...

5-15!! That's one heck of a spread!

The Milk Maid said...

We are gonna get some too. Not quite sure what yet but will check closer to it so I will get better idea( always changing).

Cathy said...

All stocked up.
4 to 8 inches here. On top of ice.
Love the pixies. Solid comfort, indeed :)

Terry and Linda said...

Like the good Reverend says I hope it misses you all together!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
*♥´¨) ¸.-´¸.-♥´¨) Happy Valentine’s Day¸.-♥¨) (¸.-` ♥♥´¨

threecollie said...

REv. Paul, we've been fairly lucky in the heavy snow department, but looks like this one has us right in its sights. ugh.

Lisa, not looking good is it?

Joated, covering all the bases I guess. lol

TMM....Not much fun, is it? Oh, well.

Cathy, same here, got it all done yesterday just in case. Got a load of hay coming in today so we'll have feed.

Linda, thanks, we can hope, but....



Ed said...

Stay warm, stay dry and enjoy the family time. I'm in Indianapolis now and its snowing like crazy! ..... and heading your way..:-)