(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Morning in the Bird Park

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Morning in the Bird Park


I took advantage of the new paths to walk out over the orchard and pasture just after daybreak this morning....and took some more photos as well. I suspect that I am going to be spending as much time as I can creeping around out there. It is really pretty and there are birds everywhere.


Also finally got a video of the song of the Willow Flycatcher, so I could get a positive ID...and he is....a Willow Flycatcher that is. 


I was kind of embarrassed though. I have worked hard over the past few years to learn the calls and appearance of as many of our local birds as I could. This morning I heard at least six about which I have no clue whatsoever....not even enough to narrow them down to start looking....





6 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

What a beautiful, lush, rich, green world you live in. Complete with birds for the enjoyment and sunlight for the soul.

¸.-♥´¨)Linda
http://coloradofarmlife@wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Linda, we are so fortunate...thanks

Cathy said...

Lucky Ducky!
6 songs you don't recognize!
Pretty rich pickings you've got there .
Are you thinking sparrows, warblers, vireos, tanagers, flycatchers?

threecollie said...

Cathy, one is a flycatcher. It has a very short, quiet, phoebe-like call. It does not come out to be seen or call with enough regularity to record. dagnabbit.
Some simply leave me clueless. Some are warblers....some may be just yellows with odd calls. Seems weird to me that where last year a red-eyed vireo sang monotonously for weeks, this year there is a warbling vireo in the exact same box elder tree. I think I've heard the red-eyed in the distance a few times but never enough to be sure.

Cathy said...

This is so great. I love a bird mystery. My son and I spent time in Loudonville Ohio this week - teasing the bird calls and songs apart. Got a bundle!

Cathy said...

PS. We 'think' we heard the acadian flycatcher.