(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The Best Fair

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

The Best Fair


Kudos to everyone from the youngest exhibitors to the parking kids to the fair board, and to everyone who worked hard to make it so.......

The boss and I both felt that this year's 173rd Fonda Fair was the best in a long time.



We even found some good places to eat, which have been scarce in recent times (thanks Al, for the delicious Greek stuff!).

Over the next few days I will have pics of everything from pipers to the ag parade, as we went over yesterday for the open draft show, which is always a thrill, and of course I took pictures.



Anyhow, Mr. Blue is home, and was crowing his heart out this morning when I came down stairs. I had kinda missed hearing a rooster in the morning. Jack had to come home early, as someone fed him some second cutting from someone else's horses' hay, and he colicked but he seems fine now.Once again, thanks to Alan and Jen, who went over and found him rolling in his stall and started walking him right away. The boss had JUST been there and he was fine...things can sure happen fast when you don't want them to.

Becky says he won't be going back next year despite his positive debut. Too much risk for the old guy. Can't say as I blame her. We could have lost him...

And until next year...


Looks as if Grandpa and Maddie are all faired out.....




3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I love a good fair. :)

Also, I'm glad y'all caught Jack's distress in time.

Cathy said...

173 years. Wow. It's been so interesting just watching over your shoulder.
(Last picture is so sweet:)

threecollie said...

REv. Paul, we were really worried about the poor little guy!

Cathy, thanks, used to excite me to go over and exhibit. Now it is fun to watch the kids do it, but I am happy to spend most of the week at home. lol