(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A Nose for Poultry

Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Nose for Poultry




The kids got a new rooster from a friend the other day. He is a Blue-laced Red Wyandotte. .




This old hen comes up to the bird feeder every day. The green on her black feathers is kinda attractive.




I go down to the heifer barn quite often to see what the birds, lambs, and bunnies are up to. The kids have done a nice job getting it cleaned up and fitted up for winter......


And Sunny is a nice fellow too.....sure is different from the days when we had sixty to eighty heifers down here and a couple of bulls though. I don't think the old barn would stand up to that any more.....

5 comments:

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Beautiful rooster!

Cathy said...

The only critters I get to observe in my backyard . . are squirrels, an occasional cat and the juncos scratching under the forsythia.
Your's are so much more fun - and varied.

Jan said...

We are so on the same wave length, except for the creatures around us. I was researching a post of Chipotle and unsure whether to finish it.

Terry and Linda said...

Beautiful birds. I love having animals around the farm...it's rather lonely otherwise.

Linda

threecollie said...

Nita, thanks, I am getting to really like this breed. They have a couple of others and they are very pretty.

Cathy, never a dull. I have always liked poultry and now I get to enjoy them without the responsibility. lol

Jan, go for it. I cannot permit myself to be glad of what happened to them, because so many people got sick. However an important point was certainly illustrated!I might write about them again for my column. They have been so disrespectful of conventional farming.

Linda, thanks, same here. Even the smallest of them are a lot of work, but i don't know what I would do without them. As Alan is fond of telling me, Mack keeps me young.