(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Playing Favorites

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Playing Favorites


In no particular order, these are my four favorite songs..... This is subject to change, although I am fairly loyal. The top one has been on the list since we were still milking cows, as has the bottom one. 

Boolavogue, by the High Kings

The Island, by Skippinish. Peggy loves this one too and asks to sit on my lap and have me play it almost every day. 

Sounds of Silence, by Disturbed. Unlikely I know, but I seem to have to listen to it at least once a day.

And Spring Dance, by our good friend Robert Dennis. I don't have a link for you, but it is about the happiest song I know...cheers me up every time I hear it.

What are your favorites? Seriously, I would really like to know. Could be I will find a new favorite. Thanks

And this one is just a little bonus, because I am so fond of all of you. 

7 comments:

Jan said...

Disturb's "Sound of Silence" has been haunting me since I heard it several weeks ago. It might be that it conjures up 60s memories from S & G. But need to hear it often.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

I also love Disturb's "Sound of Silence",the kids handed me a mixed CD with some of "their" music and this was on it. I was surprised that I like a lot of the songs on the CD.

WendyFromNY said...

I never heard of Disturbed, but saw that song on FB and immediately bought the video. Love his voice! Great old song, newly done. My almost 40 year old daughter was very amused!

ellie k said...

So many interesting things pop up on your blog. Never gets old, read on and you just find things more interesting then before. Thank you. A new FB I have been enjoying is Cowsmopolitan Magazine, I have never seen you mention it but know you would enjoy the many paths this FB can lead you to. Some really beautiful cows too and from around the world. Check it out if you think it might interest you.

threecollie said...

Jan, never heard it until a couple of weeks ago, but I really like it too.

Tina, I first heard it Alan's car and liked it immediately. I have Hinder on my phone too, along with all the country and Scottish and Irish music. lol

Wendy, I need to buy it too, for my phone. I listen to music from it with a Bluetooth when everyone is in the house and I don't want to bother them with my music. Of course, then I sing along with everything and that is much worse. lol

Ellie, I have seen a couple things from it. I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the friend request on FB. I spend a lot of time there.......loved the hummer video. Our babies are usually quite tame (although not THAT tame) but they soon learn to be leery. Not that we bother them or anything, but at first I guess that they are curious about us. Can't wait until they return!

ellie k said...

It seemed the red cup might have been a calling card for the birds. I spend a lot of time on. FB also, it passes the long evenings for me.

threecollie said...

Ellie, you are probably right. They love the big red flowers on a Hawaiian shirt I have. I have "met" so many interesting people on FB!