(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Still more Little Things

Friday, April 07, 2017

Still more Little Things

The boss is quite enamored of this building, the former Putman Lock Grocery. He remarks on it every time we visit. I tell him we can't build a house this style to live in because I need to get farther from the TV than that would allow. A LOT farther.

Pigeons in an abandoned building across the river. We thought it amusing that they were looking out at us looking in, but the state of the building is no joke!



A cheerful little waterfall up near Canajoharie


Tiny plants, reaching for spring...and a little horsewoman, riding Pepper at sunset.

8 comments:

Jan said...

I continue to be in awe of your photograph skills and subjects.

12Paws said...

Ditto what Jan said!

Linda said...

I agree with Jan and 12Paws!

threecollie said...

Thank you, Jan, this is just something I enjoy....

12Paws, and thank you as well!

LInda, and thank you too. This is fun for me and getting to "meet" so many nice people is the best part of it.

Jonna said...

That's so funny....I've always had one hard and fast rule since we were married and that is only one TV in it's own room - far away from me! I blame it on growing up in a small house where the TV was on from 6am until 11pm. I felt like I could never get away from it.

threecollie said...

Jonna, glad I am not the only one! not a fan of TV...except maybe ten minutes of North Woods Law once in a while. When the kids were small I didn't even let there be cable...just movies of our choice on VHS. When they got a little older I took pity on the boss and let him get cable, but I would sure hate to have to listen to it all the time.

Unknown said...

Upon viewing the photo of the Putman Lock Grocery, I realized you and the Boss were down in my neck of the woods
(Queen Anne Road). I learn more things from your writings and explorations of the area even though I've lived here
nearly 14 years. Following your journeys is better than a history class.

Tom

threecollie said...

Tom, thank you so much! We are so enjoying going down Queen Ann Rd. to bird at the lock. It is such a nice area! We love waving to folks sitting out in their yards and admiring the nice homes and pretty animals.