(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Dog and Pony Show

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Dog and Pony Show


I would be lost without dogs to care for and in fact they are my first task of the day. Mack out. Finn out. Fresh water if anyone needs it. Clean Finn's run if it needs it. Often do it all with my binoculars hanging around my neck...just in case, you know.



This morning I didn't bother with the bins, so of course the yard was full of warblers. Most of them moved along before I got back outside after my little chores, but I did see two Tennessee Warblers later in the morning...new ones for me and species number 100 for the annual farm count, a record! Lots of time left to chase warblers too and with the new binoculars Alan got me I can actually get pretty good looks at them.



Anyhow, since I am already out and about and I can hear them banging around wanting breakfast, feeding the ponies their first hay has been added to the doggy part of the morning show.



I like it....nothing like a barn early in the morning and I sure do like ponies.

Up in the Cedar River Flow


These peeps visited last weekend and despite the terrible weather,
a good time was had by all

3 comments:

Jan said...

Dogs are a great way to start the day.

threecollie said...

Jan, they are! And not so bad in the evening either. Or at midday. lol

Terry and Linda said...

Dogs (and cats) are a perfect way to start a day! Always!