(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: How Now, Brain-enhancing Cow

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

How Now, Brain-enhancing Cow

Now and then I get a little mulish

Sometimes I whine about the research that goes into churning out 1000 words a week for the Farm Side. I've been at it since March of 1998 and there are weeks when those words are hard to find. (Funny how it's almost always easy to find something to blog about.)

However, other weeks I encounter a pile of fascinating articles that surprise and delight me, even after all those years.

Here are some from this week's round of treasure hunting.

Surprising ways milk makes us smarter....read this one even if you don't have time for the others. After the death by antibiotics of every good thing that once lived in my innards I have no problem believing the stuff lower down in the article.

Study finds cognitive function improved by drinking milk

More on the same

Cows are not eating your food

Kids doing the right thing without being asked.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for intriguing articles - LOVE your title

threecollie said...

Thanks, Jan, sometimes I happen upon the coolest stuff just hunting around for facts for the Farm Side. It is a shame that "science" has overruled so much age-old wisdom that was right all along. My grandparents knew more about what to eat than the best educated of people who have no common sense.