(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Flashback

Monday, October 09, 2017

Flashback

Jack, who firmly believes that he is a Percheron

Walking past the pony barn on my way over to the other barn. A whinny rang out, but I only half paid attention. However, my mind pictured a sharp little chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail with streaks of grey. A bad guy, but a lot of fun.

Richard.

And then I realized, although I can't remember just how long exactly, but it was in the early OOs, Richard has been gone a very long time.

The voice from the stable was Jack, Becky's pony, who thinks quite highly of me, since I feed him every morning and sometimes in the afternoon too if his usual server is late. Jack is getting up there in years himself and we got him after the old boys were gone.

I had not realized, even though I have spent a lot of time with both of them, that Jack's voice is exactly like Richard's.

And yes, some horses have different voices just like some dogs have different barks.

It was weird. 

Richard putting up with the girls

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

It's fun seeing your horses! They are great friends. I love Shannon's Romeo and he loves me...we have an agreement to enjoy carrots together. I feed them to him and he eats them...perfect!

threecollie said...

Linda, I have enjoyed your photos and stories of Romeo as well!