(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Lake Montgomery

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Lake Montgomery

Needs his face washed I think.....

Is a sort of large vernal pond....really not much more than a low spot in the field that gathers water. We call it that because it is right next to my parents' house. When we were kids we ice skated on it, if it happened to have water in it and I have seen interesting migrant shorebirds there over the years.





Yesterday there were Snow Geese on it! Can you imagine? We have chased them all over several counties and there they were when we went up to take the folks some beef from the cow we got back the other day. Serendipity for sure.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They played a little joke on you.

threecollie said...

Monica, they sure did! lol

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Wow! I guess the Snow Geese take water wherever they can find it. What a surprise!

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, we were astonished to see them. Mom had been seeing them and planning on calling me but I think she didn't think I would come.....lol