(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Morning

Monday, September 24, 2018

Morning

Common Yellowthroat

The sun is slowly creeping over the horizon. I have been up for hours writing and working on stuff.

Magnolia Warbler


Time to reward myself with a quick trip outdoors to look for warblers and fall sparrows. We saw the first White-throated Sparrows of the fall season yesterday in two different locations. Plus over the past couple of weeks it has been a veritable warbler extravaganza here on the farm, with the year total reaching fifteen species....much to my excitement...


Blue-winged Warbler 7/28
Palm Warbler 4/27
Black-and-white Warbler 8/6
Blackburnian Warbler 5/5
Yellow Warbler 5/2
Common Yellowthroat 5/3
American Redstart 5/20
Pine Warbler 8/26
Black-throated Green Warbler 9/15
Magnolia Warbler 9/15
Blackpoll Warbler 9/12
Bay-breasted Warbler 9/19
Northern Waterthrush 9/20
Yellow-rumped Warbler 9/22

Ovenbird 7/13

***Update: Northern Parula this morning. My first ever!

What will this morning bring? Maybe only common birds...maybe something really cool.

You never know until you go look, so off I go. Talk to you later. 

Cathy, your warbler came to visit...Wilson's Warbler, one of my favorites

4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

WOW! I am hating these shorting days, but It is to be expected I suppose. Sigh!

threecollie said...

Linda, same here. I want to go sleep as soon as the sun goes down. Good thing I get up early or I'd never get anything done!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

The joy you find in watching for birds is a wonderful thing. I often think that the world would be a much more peaceful place if all folks found their joy in loving the world of nature that surrounds them.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, I so agree. People are too busy to see what is all around them I think. They miss out on a lot.