(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Morning Bus with Grandma

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Morning Bus with Grandma


"When is the bus going to come, Grandma?"

"Pretty soon, honey. We had to come down a little early because grandma is kind of slow, but it will get here."

Grandma, there's a crocodile in the ditch. It's a big one."

Don't worry honey, "i'll call Tine."




What's he gonna do?"

"Well, first he'll toast it and then when it's all crunchy he will eat it."

"Ooh, good....Grandma, there's bees...."

"Tine will get them too. He likes em. Nice and crispy.

Oh, look, here comes your bus!"


5 comments:

threecollie said...

Tine lives in the storylore Peggy and I share, right along with the geranium that makes you bark if you touch it and any number of other examples of mental mayhem.

Tine is a large dragon with bright sliver scales on dark red skin. He becomes invisible at will and rarely shows himself to anyone but me. You can feel him though, believe me, when he puffs hot air at you. I call him when Peggy gets cold.

Generally he lives in my closet or sleeps on my bed all day (making it nice and warm for me when I go up at night.)

When I found him as a hatchling he was eating strawberries in a patch where I was picking. He was no larger than my thumb. Dragons of his sort only eat fruit and vegetables when young, and thus do not smoke or breathe fire. I hid him under my bed for a very long time, feeding him ever larger foods as he grew. He was on pumpkins and squash when he accidentally ate a chicken one day. Once this sort of dragon tastes meat it becomes a hunter and breathes fire at will. The deer around here are on the lookout these days! Peggy would love to find her own dragon like Tine, but so far no luck. Maybe next strawberry season.

Who knows?

Jan said...

We all want our own Tine.

Jonna said...

What a lucky girl Peggy is!

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

I want a dragon too.

threecollie said...

Jan, you have to find them.....

Jonna, we are lucky too, having someone so fun and funny in our household.

Mama, I will send Tine up to warm your closet for a while. Love you