(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Tagged, oh Heavens....

Friday, December 29, 2006

Tagged, oh Heavens....

I've been tagged for a meme-type thing! Thanks, Moonmeadow Farm

The Rules:
Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.

I won't tag anyone, instead, feel free to do 'er on your own if you want to! Leave a link or list weird things in comments if you wish.

I will start at the bottom of the list...just because of personal weirdness.

6. I can call myself Colonel threecollie because I graduated from Missouri Auction School back in 1984. Although I ended up with a respectable score in our class, I am shyish in public and have never called a single bid. The boss, on the other hand, is a real humdinger of an auctioneer and only dairy farming keeps him from doing it seriously.

5. I grew up in a used bookstore, reading the merchandise out of sheer boredom. Tarzan, the original, Tom Swift, the Hardy Boys and Roy Chapman Andrews were favorite childhood companions. From my chair in the window at Tryon County Books, I tramped Africa behind Osa and Martin Johnson and tore down the beer can wall with Mrs. Feely, Miss Tinkham and Mrs. Rasmussen. I may have missed out on basketball and cheerleading, but I sure had interesting friends.

4. I started life hating cows. Hated them for quite a while too. I like them now. Most days.

3. The china closet still contains lots of my toy horses, from when I was a horse crazy kid and couldn't have a real one. I still buy them sometimes...toy ones that is, although we have a couple of real ones now too.

2. I gave up painting to write, because when you have a passel of kids you need a hobby you can stop and start...OFTEN! Thank God for being able to hit "Save" when a crisis hits.

1. My husband of over twenty years lived about a mile down the road from where I spent the happiest years of my childhood, and would have ridden our school bus (except that he walked to school) but we never met until he was 34 and I was just a tad younger.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what ever happened to my toy horse collection? How nice that you still have yours! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

I spent much of my youth in the public library, thank you, Andrew Carnegie, but a used bookstore sounds a lot more romantic.

Have a great 2007 celebration.

threecollie said...

Hi Rose...wish I had all of them, but I only really managed to save a few. Thanks for inviting me to play; it was fun.

Hello Jan, ah, the library...there was one just down the street from the bookstore. I drove the librarian crazy I fear.
You have a great New Years too, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sue and I are now suffering RAGING jealousy over #5!!!

If you were to seriously ask us where we could go bankrupt in a single shopping trip, both of us would answer "A used bookstore" as the first answer.

threecollie said...

Hi Matthew, my parents still run a somewhat scaled down version of the big shop (link in the sidebar)...and some of my very favorite Christmas gifts came from there. lol
Sorry I didn't respond when you tagged me with the same meme...I just didn't see it at the bottom of the post.

Anonymous said...

hmmm six wierd things can you imagine that list, mummy? might have to do that...