(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Snow for the mushers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow for the mushers

The new Cabela's official Iditarod site says that the trail this year is quite snowy so far. (Take a look at the photo of Jeff King's team in 2006...amazing.) I like the new combined site so far. You can find profiles of dogs, blogs about the upcoming race, videos and discussion. I am not sure if they will follow the same format once the race starts, but so far it has been an interesting way to read the pre-race news. The Dennis Ranch offered this link to an article that says that the snow cover isn't just better in Alaska either. Could it be that global cooling looms right around the corner? (Around the corner, heck, see yesterday's hawk picture for the Northview version of global cooling.)



4 comments:

Cathy said...

The article on global cooling is really interesting. My kid the astrophysicist, has said it's ALL about the Sun.

BTW - I'd love to read your poem about Blue-eyed grass. Pleeaasee.

threecollie said...

Cathy, it really doesn't have a lot that I hadn't heard before, but it was still worth reading.And I believe your kid implicitly.
I am not sure if I can find the poem. It is in a notebook somewhere. It was just a short little thing that came to me one day after taking a no holds barred horseback ride with a friend through some beautiful wild fields that were full of it.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Thanks for the reminder of the Iditarod!

threecollie said...

OW, I am looking forward to enjoying it if only vicariously. It is one sport where I am definitely an arm chair athlete. lol