(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Yesterday on the Farm

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yesterday on the Farm

Click to see the geese coming in and the huge number of feathers floating on the water.


One of the swamps along Corbin Hill Rd.


Goose feathers floating by


Mirror, mirror on the pond.


Cat tails




We did so much stuff yesterday and took so many pictures I could get a week of posts and still not get em done. As you can see we stopped at the pond on the way home from grocery shopping.




We checked out the culvert where we saw so many fish this spring. Someone had been busy filling it up. On one side of the road humans had removed the sticks. On the other they completely blocked the entrance to the tube. There were fresh drag marks where this busy little _________ had been hauling sticks just before we got there. We spent some time wondering what had made those marks, but I woke up this morning knowing the answer.






Morning was pretty.



A hawk caught something in the barnyard and ate it in the dead elm tree over the heifer barn.






5 comments:

misstangguo said...

(´・ω・`) HI HI!! leaving a footprint.. do visit me too! (´^ω^`)http://aliltoolate.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Nice pictures, I like the one with the beautiful reflections the best.

R.Powers said...

Nice shots! What beautiful countryside.
I was wondering about that culvert.

threecollie said...

Misstangguo, thanks for visiting!

Linda, thank you, it was an amazingly lovely day

FC, Liz asked me if I wanted to stop as we were over that way anyhow. I thought of your question about the culvert and said yes. I was glad I did....amazing what the beavers had been up to...

Anonymous said...

Great shots, as always. I saw the geese down on the river yesterday around lunchtime, but do you think I had my camera with me???