(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


To my magnificent mom, who could always do anything. She and my dad have led a life of adventure, from running an antique store, adding a bookstore (the treasure cave or chain gang of my childhood depending...) to hosting the Clan Montgomery tent at Scottish games from here to Colorado. Touring Scotland, England and France. Carving fabulous art work from birds to King Tut, painting, digging incredible minerals, cutting stones, making jewelry...you name it...where their interests took them they followed. I have a lovely lost-wax process silver ring my mom made me with stones my father cut....one of my greatest treasures....An intricate quilt mom sewed with all my animals depicted it, that, although it is worn from keeping me warm for decades, is never put away.

Five days after radical cancer surgery Mom was panning for gold in the Carolinas....why ruin a good vacation over a little thing like a major operation. She is tough as a railroad spike, never mind your paltry little nails......

At least in part because of all those fascinations and wonders (and others too numerous to mention, from square dancing, in costumes mom designed and sewed to learning about area history from hunting fossils and Indian relics...even the whole bird watching thing) my two brothers and I are never bored. When you have parents that open your eyes to all the marvels of living in this world, up close and personal, you don't need television and you do revel in living in it. (In fact it was Mom's relentless nagging gentle pressure that got me to buy a computer and go online in the first place.)

So thanks Mom, for being all that you are, for marrying Dad almost sixty years ago, and for following his passions and yours wherever they led.

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and many more to follow.

And Happy Mother's Day to all who read who are mothers and to their mothers and all the mothers everywhere. This is your day. Enjoy the flowers and the cookouts and the company of the ones who love you....

16 comments:

lisa said...

Happy Mother's Day to you also! I have to agree that you have a very special mom, and I am soooo glad I was able to marry into the family!

Dani said...

Happy Mother's Day ThreeC!!xoxo

Mappy said...

Happy Mothers day to all Moms out there.

~ Sara ~ said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom and all the mothers out there!

Deb said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom :) I hope the day will bring you a little R&R - enjoy :)

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom. Great post!

Kristen Montgomery Breh said...

What an amazing woman! What a beautiful tribute. I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day too, Aunt Marianne! xoxo

nyvolfan said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom!!! Jen and I think you are just as amazing as your Mom!!! We always enjoy the time we spend with you and try to absorb as much as we can. Thanks for all you have given us!!! Jen and Scott

Jeffro said...

And a Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Dear Daughter:
Thank you for this most wonderful tribute. You almost made me cry. How glad am I that you were the girl your Father wanted. ( I didn't care, any old baby would do.) How very thankful am I that it was YOU! I love you dearly.
Mom

threecollie said...

Lisa, thanks and a great one to you too. We are plumb glad to have you!

Dani, thanks, Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

Mappy, thanks little brother. Love you!

Sara, thanks!

Deb, thanks, hope you had a good day too.

Nita, thanks, and a Happy Mother's Day to you as well. You have such a nice family

K&J, thanks, we love you!

NYV, you humble me. You guys are the greatest. Thanks!

Jeffro, thank you sir!

Mom, you are the greatest. I love you too and wish I had more ways to tell you and show you. Hope you had a great day!

CTG Ponies said...

Sounds like a truly special woman!

Faithful said...

Your tribute to your mom was great..you are so lucky to have such a neat mother! but best of all she showed you how to appreciate her and what life had to offer! What a grand legacy. Happy Mother's Day.

threecollie said...

cTG, thanks, she is amazing and I love her dearly

Faithful, thank you. She is very special to us. Happy MOther's Day to you too, thanks.

Cathy said...

Now I have a sense of the woman who helped form the woman you are.

Your mother is quite a dynamo. It's so wonderful to hear about a marriage that has endured and enriched so many lives.

Thank her for me that her 'gentle influence' resulted in Northview Diary. We're all happier for it:0)

threecollie said...

Cathy, thanks, I think the world of my mom...and dad as far as that goes...they are amazing!