(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Cats with Thumbs and Clever Little Border Collies

Monday, March 14, 2011

Cats with Thumbs and Clever Little Border Collies

Da typist


You know I am an animal lover. Been that way since I was so small that I thought my grandma's little Spitz cross was the size of a Saint Bernard.... I can remember just nicely being able to hold on to his shoulders.

I couldn't believe it when I saw photos after I got tall* and found out that he was a little bitty thing that today I could scoop up under one arm and walk away with.

Anyhow, I have always shared a special connection with animals, especially dogs.

However, today provided the most amazing in a lifetime of uplifting interactions. I got up this morning, jet lagged and grumpy from the time change, to find that Nick had enlisted Elvis the cat, Wally the cow dog, and several of the more knowledgeable among the cattle, and written my newspaper column for me.

Yeah, turns out Elvis is a secret member of Cats with Thumbs and can keyboard. They did the research and the whole nine yards. Can you believe it?

They even copied and pasted in a couple of good quotes. And you wanna know what they wrote about?

Turns out the animals hate the time change too. So much that, according to Nick, Keebler the Shuttle Cat made 350 trips between the barn and the house forwarding (and backwarding) information.

Thanks, guys! You really made my day.

*Okay to head this off at the pass, all you wise guy family members can hold the smart remarks about just how tall I am not. I am at least tall-ER than then if not actually tall.

Atall.

7 comments:

Jan said...

I'd like to think cats would use thumbs for good and not for evil.

Linda said...

Sounds like a MUCH better day than the other. Glad to hear someone else has "those kind" of relatives.

lisa said...

He looks nice and comfy to me!

lisa said...

He looks nice and comfy to me!

threecollie said...

Jan, um, for good.....um....lol

Linda, yeah, it was really sweet of them to do it for me even if I am the one that buys the kibble.

Lisa, I used to use that table to display pretty plants and carvings, used to being the operative phrase. lol

DayPhoto said...

What a beauty of a cat! I'm so happy he helped you out LOL

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Linda, thank you. He is an excellent typist! I was so surprised! However, I was also surprised to find out that he has been surfing the Net all night every night. And clearing the browser history when he is done. What's up with that I wonder.