(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sounds of Spring

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sounds of Spring



You will want to turn your sound up, as this was made just so you could hear the din of this mixed flock of red winged black birds, starlings, grackles, and whatever that little yellow thing in about the middle is....gold finch maybe....

I was out with Nick and these guys were tuning up in the tree right by the house. Loud enough to hurt your ears almost.

Meanwhile we are wishing that winter would go into remission. The normal daily temp for this time of year is 46. Instead we are getting up to low single digits and not warming up much all day.

3 comments:

Earl said...

Just guessing but they were right by the house because that was where the food is... I probably missed a few calls for frequency deprevation (hearing loss) but interesting. You can have the frozen wind whistles or the birds and the birds promise Spring. Oops, it already is Spring, isn't it?

wv enhoma (fake Latin for at home)

threecollie said...

Earl, I love having the birds...listen whenever I can. The weather is a whole nother story. Been in the single digits nights with all day awful wind chills. I want to go out and play...until I get out there. lol

Cathy said...

That's a sweet sound. I hear o-karee for the first time last week.
I think I heard Sandhill cranes yesterday!