(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Toasted

Monday, March 07, 2011

Toasted

Some of the shag bark hickories on 7-County Hill

The big computer seems to be. I can get it as far as loading the browser and then it freezes. Power went out in the middle of the night in the middle of the storm and it hasn't been right since.

So, the slow little bookkeeping computer has been called back into service as an Internet computer. Paying bills online is great stuff except when your computer doesn't want to play.


Did I mention the storm? Lots of bad stuff going on around the region, of far more import than my computer. Roofs, branches and power lines all over are taking an awful beating. I think this is the worst storm all winter. The boss didn't even try to get up to the ag bag, just gave the cows a pile of dry hay and gave up.

My old friend Mike

Had to go out in it at four this morning to check the springers. Egrec had delivered a really, really big bull calf. I was about done in by the time I had managed to get it up in front of her so she could lick it off. Then after checking everybody else in the barn and kicking in some hay I went back to bed. All I could do to get back and forth to the barn....it was snowing so hard! And so deep.


At five thirty the boss stirred, so I sent him out to give Big E a bottle of calcium and some oxytocin. Would have done it myself but she is a giant and crazy as a loon. I didn't think I could.

Anyhow, it is pretty but nasty, the wind is kicking up now. I hope you are all safe and warm and dry. Take care! I will leave you with a few pics of a nicer season that were stored on this old computer.




4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

So sorry to hear of your computer troubles. I hate when that happens ... it's never good, and ALWAYS seems to be at the worst time.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Hang in there, dear. The spring will come. It really will. Yes, it will, it will, it will.

Cathy said...

Oh I am so sorry you're going through this misery.

You're where I was last week. Power-outage and computer crash.

Lord. We've had enough.

Is Becka healing up OK?

I see your area will be above the freezing mark this week.

We'll make it~Hang in there.

threecollie said...

REv. Paul, thanks, it is a mess. Can't get photos to use on here, can't get on the web. Oh, well, I will probably figure it out sooner or later.

WW, in theory at least. lol Our snow was mostly gone...it is back....

Cathy, I know you had an awful mess. I am just realizing how much I relied upon that computer. This one is normally just for the bookkeeping software and it barely runs that. Beck is doing fine! Thanks!