(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: ham and JAM and spamalot

Saturday, June 30, 2012

ham and JAM and spamalot



Well, really just jam. Went out right after morning chores to pick a handful of black raspberries. Found a whole lot more than a handful so I went back for a little bowl.




Too much for the little bowl so I got a big bowl. 


Yes.


Not quite enough for jelly though. Then I remembered the grape juice from the fruit salad tree that I froze a couple falls ago because there wasn't quite enough of that either. Mix and match.


It took me all day to extract and can the jelly from the blackcap bushes in front of the porch (thank you catbirds for saving me some).


It was worth every minute.




PS, I add a little cinnamon to my blackberry jelly. Tastes just like pie.

4 comments:

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Mmmm! I'll bet your kitchen smelled like heaven!

Linda said...

Looks wonderful. I sure love the pic Allan took in the next post!

threecollie said...

WW, oh, man once those berries started boiling! lol

Linda, thanks. I can't believe the pics he gets with that phone. He bought me the same phone and mine are terrible.

Ericka said...

fruit salad tree?