(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Welding in the Kitchen

Friday, January 11, 2013

Welding in the Kitchen

Dinner anyone?

Last night Beck and I and the pup were sitting here in the kitchen waiting for some sausages to finish baking for our dinner. They had been doing so all through milking....


Suddenly the oven element made a sound just like an arc welder and a big orange flash began to occur inside the stove. I shut it off, but it just got brighter and brighter until it glowed a brilliant white that embossed itself on the eyeballs just like a welder would. 

The boss hurried out and helped us pull the stove out from the wall and unplug it.

The flash darkened.

All was well although it took a while for our eyes to get back to normal. Thank God it did its bad thing while we were sitting right here so we still have a house!

We let the sausages finish cooking on what heat was left....

But, but, but......I have a turkey all thawed in the fridge, which I was planning to roast today.

Now what do I do?

11 comments:

Dani said...

Oh no!!!!!!

Farmerjane said...

Roast it on the grill! Glad you were in the house to see it happening.

joated said...

If it's not one thing....

Hope you get things fixed/replaced ASAP.

Paintsmh said...

I told you cook it at my house...

Anonymous said...

Build a fire outside and broil it!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

How terrifying! And yet, how lucky that you were present to prevent disaster. I hope you get yourself a new stove soon. Winters are long and cold without something bubbling or baking in the heart of the house. In the meantime, do you have a crockpot or electric frypan for cooking turkey parts?

ellie k said...

Cook it on the grill or cut it up and cook it in a crock pot, that is how I had to cook my last one and it was very tasty.

Caroline said...

Had a coffeepot fireworks display like that not long ago. It certainly gets your attention!

threecollie said...

Dani, it was a scary few minutes!

Farmer Jane, alas we don't have a grill, and yes, we were sure lucky

joated, thanks, we are hoping we will be getting a new one today. So far we haven't heard from them

Liz, thanks,

JB, that exact thought has crossed my mind. I don't have an outdoor fireplace, but it wouldn't take much to build one. lol

WW, I don't alas, but if the deliverymen find the place we are getting another stove. Looking over the wiring on the old one...well, we were lucky nothing worse happened!

ellie, alas, I have neither, but hopefully it will get cooked today. lol

caroline, you betcha!

Cathy said...

Ya know. That's too much excitement. I can identify. Here we are with a convalescing verrrrrry swollen-legged patient.

His commode stops working.

Plumbing emergency. I spend the day sanitizing floors after the john has to be pulled and the pipes roto-rootered.

Fire and water. Between the ya'll and us . . . we've got it covered :)

threecollie said...

Cathy, Oh, Lord, you sure didn't need that! I have been thinking about you folks, hoping all has been going well with Keith. Hope that leg feels better soon.