(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A Different Way of Looking

Monday, April 01, 2013

A Different Way of Looking


I should go to NYC every week. Even three days later, the worst of what we have and do looks great. Or perhaps I should just know better and stay home where I belong....

Today it is rainy and chill, with fog creeping across the hill outside the window. We wanted to start some serious fencing today but if it gets any rainier that will have to wait. It is supposed to warm up later in the week, which hopefully will bring on some grass.


not our tractor, just like the way it looks

No April fools jokes from me I guess....just day to day contains enough foolishness  without adding to it. Last night while we were milking, the skunk was much in evidence. I think he was walking around and around the barn because his notable calling card kept drifting in through one window and then another. We were real careful walking over to the house.

Opened the sitting porch so I could shoot sunrises and watch for returning birds. Sat out there yesterday in the frosty sunrise, chilled but awed by how lovely it was. I think there was already an indigo bunting up in the brushy area of the old horse pasture although I can't prove it, having only heard the call.

After such a slow start to the migration as we had birds are making up for lost time. I won't complain.



4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I have just started reading the Sara Donati series about upper state New York...makes me think of you every time I pick up the book. What a beautiful wooded land you must live in...give or take a house or two.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Linda, thanks for pointing me toward what looks like some real good reading. I am going to have Becky hunt them down for me! And it is lovely here...we are so fortunate!

Cathy said...

You're doing what I did years ago after leaving the parched suburbs of Denver where we'd lived for 7 years of hubby's training.

Anytime I'd visit Ohio during those years . . I'd tell me parents that I felt like Dorothy after she got home. Made it back across the rainbow.

BTW. Saw and heard my first killdeer :)

threecollie said...

Cathy, hooray for killdeers! Every time I have traveled, even to wonder destinations like the west and south, coming home has been like being reborn in delight. Even hearing the sound of a familiar voice on a hometown radio station fills me with joy. Guess I am pretty strongly rooted.