(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Ominous

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ominous



We still have cows to calve so we got up and got out early. Boss checked 'em while I took pictures of the sunrise.





It wasn't quite up yet, just a silvery yellow glow in the sky. then it popped up quickly spotlighting the pastures and the grasses and turning the inside of the house pretty orange like the inside of a peach.


And in the time it took me to walk back inside the house it was gone.

Just like that.

All is dim and grey as if it never came up.

So we went out and fed before milking instead of after so we don't have to do it in the rain....which is starting even as we speak.....

And I realized that I never told you what name the calf ended up with a while back. We invited names from here and from the Farm Side and ended up with Abbekerk.



To be known as Abby for short. She is a cutie and growing well. Thank you to all who participated!

6 comments:

Ed said...

Great shots, that first one is stunning..:-)

lisa said...

I love that shot of the leaf! I don't know about you but I am sure tired of the rain.

Rev. Paul said...

Y'all are sure getting hammered with the bad weather. Great photos notwithstanding, I hope things improve soon.

Terry and Linda said...

That last shot is stunning! I wish the weather could even itself out...some of ours for you and some of yours for us. :(

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Cathy said...

"Nature's first green is gold,
her hardest hue to hold . . "

Frost

You caught those golden morning moments. So fleetingly exquisite.

threecollie said...

Ed, thanks, it was pretty for a while...

lisa, thanks, me too!

Rev. Paul, we need to trade weather patterns or something. And thanks.

Linda, our rain needs to go west and put out your fires! And thanks

Cathy, beautiful! And thank you.