(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Warbler ID

Monday, September 30, 2013

Warbler ID


All you better birders, can you help me with this fall warbler? I posted it in an ID group on FB and will probably eventually get an answer, but I am so impatient. I know the photos are lousy. It was high in our honey locust and hard to get a focus.



For handy, dandy reference, for the less warbler challenged than I, here is the nice page the FB group sent me to for ID.Nice page and I will get the book as soon as I get an Amazon card for doing surveys or something.


Warbler guide

******Hold the presses! The nice man at the FB group says that this is a Wilson's Warbler, a lifer for me....and lifers are scarce on the ground for someone who doesn't travel much. Also the second new bird for the Northview annual count in as many days. Yay!

4 comments:

CDH said...

Could it be a Wilson's Warbler?

threecollie said...

CDH, that is what the FB guy decided. I am so excited! A lifer, right in the tree outside the kitchen. Made my day

Cathy said...

Oh Wow! Oh Wow!
My namesake Warbler :)

threecollie said...

Cathy, I am beyond thrilled! Just double-plus delighted. And to think I nearly deleted the lousy photographs at least a dozen times.