(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The Baler Borked Itself

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Baler Borked Itself


The knotter, which we spent a fortune repairing last summer, has gone bad again. Alan hand-tied bales today, but it will have to be fixed again. Bah humbug. Meanwhile, here are some photos from the past couple of weeks that I like a lot better than I like that John Deere baler.


Above is Vroman's Nose. I have been treated to heart-stopping photos of at least one of my kids sitting on the rock on the rim, feet hanging over the edge. Legend has it that Timothy Murphy fell over the edge carrying two pitchers of milk and didn't spill a drop. Wonder how many bones he broke. The rim is a rite of passage I guess, as I have seen similar shots of some of the kids' friends, but downright uncomfortable for a parent to see them perched there.



A cool old car Liz and I saw not long ago. 


Tamarack or larch, a favorite tree of mine. It sheds its needles in the fall, after turning the most glowing golden you could imagine.

Okay, now I am all calmed down about the baler....at least until we get the bill.

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

So ... just another routine day on the farm, eh?

Sorry 'bout the baler.

Cathy said...

Something about heights.
I just don't get along with 'em.
From a distance they're very lovely :)

threecollie said...

Rev. Paul, basically, that's about it. And thanks. Don't know what they are going to do about it.

Cathy, me neither. I shuddered at that photo of my boy.