(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Little Things

Monday, December 09, 2013

Little Things


Matter....sometimes a lot.

Heard the Carolina wren sing this morning. Hadn't heard him in quite a while and figured he was gone or frozen. Even his alarm call adds a cheerful note to a gloomy day. I hope after we get through this latest round of gloom and doom to find the money to buy one of those spirally coily things that you put whole peanuts in to feed such birds as CWs. And to get some peanuts too.

Becky had Daisy all walked when I got in from the barn. Not that walking her is a big deal, but it was such a nice gesture.

Becky fixed the door knob on the back door too....which will probably help it stay just a little warmer in here.

She also found the cow with mastitis, which had been driving us nuts, running around the barn CMT-ing everybody. That was a relief.

On the not so happy side of things.....we got the stunning news that one of my dearest friends has been seriously ill...and I didn't even know, although she has been on my mind. Ag seems to be such a demanding life...you tend to not find time to keep in touch with people about whom you care a great deal. Always something waiting to be done, or somebody needing to be fed or something. I feel really bad about that.

Anyhow, take care, have a good one and all.

7 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Life continues, even when we're too busy to notice. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sandcastle Momma said...

Saying prayers for your friend!

Terry and Linda said...

Sorry about your friend!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

NumberWise said...

Awwww....how sweet of you and your nice blogger friends! I'm finally on the mend, but very slowly.

Cathy said...

Oh Marianne. "Little Things"
It's all so big isn't it?
Sending wishes and a prayer for your friend. I know her life has been enriched for having called you 'friend'.
It's all so big.

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness. I just read the comment above mine :)
I love happy news.
Stay well Numberwise :)

threecollie said...

REv. Paul, thanks, I was so shocked

Ann, thanks!

Linda, she is such a special person, thanks

NW, ah, so happy to hear that...hope it speeds up and you are well real soon.

Cathy, I would be totally adrift without the little things. i was really sad yesterday and then happened upon a Google page where all my old blog photos are stored...I pay for this storage, but was not bright enough to access it before. As I scrolled through page after page of flowers, fields, family, animals, birds and staggering beauty I realized that I have a lot more to celebrate than to mourn....