(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: There Will be a Summer...but not yet

Monday, March 24, 2014

There Will be a Summer...but not yet


Like a cat claw lifting the edge of a window blind, the sun peeks through.

Just one sharp little toe nail's worth of morning.



Short, quick, flash of glow, then gone behind cloud and horizon.

Cold and gloomy owl light, passing for dawn today.

And the wind is thin and hungry whiny, whistling round the edge like a band saw shaving hearts for greeting cards.

Or the devil calling in his due.

Maybe I should go back to bed.




Or feed the chickens for Becky. Yeah, I could do that.


4 comments:

Cathy said...

If I didn't know better . . I'd say my bad vibes are reverberating all the way over there at your place.
Yes! Feed the chickens ;)

joated said...

About that title....Are you sure?

Seven (7) degrees in north-central PA this morning. While the robins and redwings are still singing, I think it's to bitch about the cold and not to welcome any Spring (let alone Summer).

June said...

I heard the first red-winged blackbird this morning. Poor thing was calling from the top of a tree . . . waving back and forth in the cold wind.

Terry and Linda said...

Ugh! Winter is still there.

✿♥ღ Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com