(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: When you Know More than they Do

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

When you Know More than they Do


While perusing the newsings today I discovered that Wawona Fruit Company voluntarily recalled a couple months worth of stone fruit production, for possible listeria contamination.

They ship to Walmart. We almost never buy fruit at the store, simply because we can't afford it. However, for camp Alan treated us to some to enjoy, lots of lovely blueberries, grapes, raspberries, and of course....you knew this was coming....nectarines and plums....from Walmart, of course.

And like most people do when they buy fruit...we ate them.

Concerned about the potential for health issues I called the company at this number 1-888-232-9912. After well over half an hour on hold with truly horrendous music playing in the background.

Eventually I couldn't stand it any longer so I called Walmart customer service. Hold only lasted about eight minutes there, although the music was also horrid.

And I might as well have taken a walk in the yard. The young lady to whom I spoke offered NO HELP AT ALL. She even argued with me that the recall was of bakery goods...had to put me on hold twice more to go look it up.

And then she told me to call the company....., but, but, but, I already did.....guess we will have to wait and see if we get sick. 

Photos of the recalled products.

5 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Gosh I hope you don't get sick!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Cathy said...

Oh gosh. Have you tried a Walmart website? Maybe they don't have one.
I imagine the odds are good that you're gonna be alright. But I sure do understand your wanting more info.

joated said...

Driving through Utica today I heard a similar recall of all baked good from (I think) P&C. Same problem, listeria from stone fruits.

THEN they said the baked good were sold from May 1st through June 20th.

Wait. What?

Who the heck holds on to their baked good that long? Unless they were frozen, those pies and tarts are long eaten.

Was there an outbreak of listeria in the Mohawk Valley that somehow didn't make the news?

threecollie said...

Linda, me too! I was horrified by this.

Cathy, yeah, tried the website and called the company. No help atall.

Joated, same recall I guess. No outbreak anywhere yet, I guess, but incubation can be as much as 70 days. Yikes!

Cathy said...

You're still feeling alright . . so I"m having a sigh of relief :)