(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: More on Dairy Markets

Monday, April 13, 2015

More on Dairy Markets


Here is a letter from an outstanding ag writer that explains amazingly well what is going on with farmers in the Northeast and surrounding states losing their milk markets. 

It has NOTHING to do with too much milk being produced on local NY farms and everything to do with manipulating federal rules to make big bucks, with no concern for what the local economy loses when farms go under.

If you are interested in how milk marketing works, you need to read it. Heck bookmark it, as I did, for future reference. The way our food is handled matters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW what a letter I LIKED it and BOOKMARKED it too. Everyone in the USA should read it. Thank you for posting this, and I will appreciate more my milk and all my meals. THANK YOU! Merri

Terry and Linda said...

We are seeing this happening here also. It's terribly sad.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

threecollie said...

Merri, I agree. It was one of the best pieces I have seen on this topic.

Linda, all across the country! It's awful.