(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: "Blue" Birds

Saturday, May 09, 2015

"Blue" Birds

I hiked all over the farm to count Brown Thrashers,
only to have a pair show up on the long lawn the next day

We are not used to being so warm...or maybe it's the pollen...or maybe we are still not over the bug, which has laid Liz low....but anyhow, we are all so tired these days.

Thus I was nodding over a WEB Griffin book when the boss exclaimed, "Look, there are two Bluebirds on your Hummingbird feeder!"

"What! Huh?" I was suddenly wide awake, but more than slightly skeptical.

However, he was insistent that there had been a pair of Bluebirds drinking from the feeder...I have two now, as he bought me a wide-mouth, easy-clean one for Mother's Day (two new pond lilies too, lucky me, lucky me.)

I got up to see these wonders but they were of course gone....

Oh, well....... I wondered.....what could have been there? Hmmm....

Went out to the kitchen to get a drink and there on the blue feeder was an Indigo Bunting!

How cool! How EARLY!!! How awesome!

How glad I was that he can see the feeder from his chair and that he woke me up.

Liz is still struggling with what seems to be pretty bad pneumonia....maybe if she actually got some rest, but someone is a compulsive worker....anyhow, thanks for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I know they help! A Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers. 

A good little dairy farm girl...this one loves her milk already

5 comments:

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

Such a sweetie. Her hair gets redder as she gets more of it! Hope her mommie feels better soon.
Love,
Mom

Terry and Linda said...

I hope she gets to feeling better. It's so hard to be a young Mom with lots to do and then be sick on top of everything.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

ellie k said...

The allergy season is bad here in Florida this year, everything is blooming. My husband has only one lung so he is suffering, he had bronchitis this year and has really been sick he is just starting to improve but cannot do anything and is on oxygen most of the time.

threecollie said...

Mama, she is a doll! We love her. And we love you too

Linda, thanks, she is really struggling with this

Ellis, I am so sorry to read that. I can't imagine how hard it must be for him.

Cathy said...

I'd missed this. I hope Liz is improving. I know how hard it is to watch a child struggle with something ike that.