(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The Wind Beneath your Wings

Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Wind Beneath your Wings

Eastern Phoebe intently hunting a foot from the window

It is a calm and foggy morning, utterly still, barely a breath of air to be found. Everyone is asleep but me, which is fine...I like this quiet time....

Yesterday the boss finished first cutting, which should have been cause for great celebration. However, a series of pop-up thunderstorms, which did just that, popped up, seemingly out of nowhere, certainly out of a clear blue sky, hit just as he was bringing the wagons down. No time to even put canvases on them.

They just got wet. 

It ate a lot of spiders....hey Phoebe, come again and bring your friends.


 Very wet. Some bales were certainly turned from a salable commodity to mulch or insulation for the foundation.

Anyhow, sitting here at the kitchen table in my late mother-in-law's spot....I will probably never fill her shoes, but I do use her chair....noodling through the morning's news of friends around the world...when moving leaves on the scarlet runner beans on the bird feeder arbor caught my eye.


Yeah, Yeah, I seriously need to get a ladder and do something about this dirty window
but I never left my seat for any of these photos except the turkeys on the bottom


I watched for a minute...no breeze at all you know...and there she was, a tiny Ruby-throated Hummingbird perusing the red blossoms for nectar.

I am so glad the kids brought that arbor down and gladder still that we grew the beans on it. Next year I will plant them thicker, but it is like a little play house of green and red, soon to be followed by blue when the morning glories finally get their act together....there are buds!




What a lovely little wind moving the flowers in the stillness....what lovely company the window brings....


Lookin' out my back door

4 comments:

jan said...

What a lovely way to start a day.

Cathy said...

Ah . . that magic back door again . .
And the magic of your prose.

Terry and Linda said...

What a special way to start a day!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Jan, I am enjoying them so much. They come every day!

Cathy, it never seems to let me down. lol

Linda, it is!