(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Between a Rock and a

Friday, September 04, 2015

Between a Rock and a


Hard place....that is my title for this photo of some stones in our bird bath....or if you watch Police Academy, it also reminds me of this quote, which is oft repeated around here in all sorts of circumstances....some of them cruder than others.

Scarlet Runner Beans are about done blooming

Busy week. Alan's home. Fair's on. Guys are trying to bale some second cutting but it is so humid that it stays a little tacky. Tomatoes have started. Hooray for tomato sandwiches.



I froze some corn a friend gave us and picked our beans again and must freeze the result. Can't say enough about Slankette or Slendrette green beans. They just bear and bear, nice long, straight, beans of excellent texture and flavor. There are some other kinds in the patch this year, as folks bought me seeds and I planted them. Not gonna happen next year except for a few yellow beans and some of the purple ones. No need to mess with success. I am gonna have to rip the other bean plants out and feed them to the hens, as they are done.

Looks as if we may be able to save Scarlet Runner Bean seeds
 this year and not buy them next spring.

Anyhow, with all the coming and going and tag team people there isn't much time for posting. Sorry. I'm sure things will get back to what passes for normal soon.



5 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

My tomatoes are on also...YAY for tomato sandwiches!! Is right!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Oh I do remember tomatoe sandwiches...hooo hoooo how delish. Also love the size of the runner beans. wow.......can I ome over for supppah????blessins Merri

threecollie said...

old man is too blame

lizzybaxter said...

Your Police Academy comment made me laugh. We constantly quote Christmas Vacation, since our family watches it every year (for the last 10 years maybe, jeez).

Where do you think you're going to put that __________ (fill in the blank) Griswold?
Bend over and I'll show you.

Oh my.

Love your froggie.

threecollie said...

LInda, I simply love tomato sandwiches! Best stuff there is!

Merri, stop by anytime! lol

Um, Ralph, you commented as me. lol

Carol, thanks! We have a whole plethora of similar quotes...inside family jokes I guess. Such fun! I'll have to watch Christmas Vacation. I don't think I have ever seen it. Now the Tremors movies...seen them a dozen times. lol