(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A Chance of Magic

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Chance of Magic

The one we grew last year

Last summer I grew morning glories.........finally ....I know, I know....they are easy, almost pests, etc. etc.

Well, that wasn't quite how it worked out for me, but last year marked a very happy success. The flowers were a beautiful shade of faded denim blue and the size of saucers. The boss and I counted the blooms every morning and rejoiced in their amazingness.

Then, come fall, as frost claimed the last of them and the winds began to whittle away even the tangled vines, I found some spectacular varieties with online searches. We planned to order this one, and that one, and maybe another one come spring and then I forgot all about them.




The other day the boss took me to Runnings to get orange-flavored suet balls to fill Jonna's feeder for the Carolina Wrens...Ohio has been important to our birds you see....

The seed racks were full and pulled out across some aisles so you couldn't miss them when you walked into the front door. Like a blaze of summer promises laid out to tantalize even the hardiest.

The boss, who is very kind to me in that way, asked, "Is there anything you need?"

And as I was replying, "No, we are pretty well supplied and we will make an order with Pinetree a little later, and get some Slendrette beans over at Sunnycrest come spring...."



 I saw these! They were right there front and center like bears that might just bite us. And they  jumped right off the rack and into the cart.

They are the exact ones we found online last fall and have never seen for sale anywhere else.

Magic? Maybe.....and now we have just one more reason to hurry spring....

5 comments:

Linda said...

One of my favorites. I've NEVER been able to get them to germinate though...I had a friend start them and I had them for the one year....everyone else I know has them reseed themselves willingly.

Notthatkindoffarmer said...

What a beautiful pictures!!
I am delighted to read this article.
Thanks for sharing!

threecollie said...

Linda, I have had the same problem...to the point where I stopped buying seed. However, last year at least some of them grew. I will plant a lot more seeds this year and hope for the best. If they don't come the scarlet runner beans are pretty reliable and will fill in.

Notthatkind, thanks!

Cathy said...

Maybe my favorite flowers. Your pictures are so lovely. I think I grew one years and years ago called Heavenly Blue.
I'll look forward to your pictures summer comes and those seeds sprout and bloom.

threecollie said...

Cathy, thanks, I am hoping I can get them going again, plus the new ones. Can't believe we found the seeds!