(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Music soothes the Savage

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Music soothes the Savage


Thanksgiving cooks. Liz and I are trying to do the day before cooking for two families' Thanksgiving dinners.

I do my bird ahead and bone it and reheat it with gravy.

She makes all kinds of breads and dinner rolls.

Kitchen traffic was getting gnarly and the chefs grumpy......when.....

She suggested I put my phone in a bowl and turn on some music. (Because a bowl makes it better.)

Magic. Memories of trips to see Trent Tomlinson and Emerson Drive.

Road trips singing along.

Milking the cows back in the day with people bellowing over the milking machines from all sides of the barn.

Good stuff. Sure an eclectic list though. From Queen to Crosby Stills and Nash to RW Hampton, Robert Dennis, and Todd Fritsche.

Good stuff. Happy campers. 

Happy Thanksgiving cooking to one and all, from our noisy kitchen to yours...

5 comments:

Jan said...

Have a happy and it sounds like a wonderfully traditional Thanksgiving and keep humming along.

Terry and Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving today (I cooked all the pies today) and tomorrow when everyone gets together!

Linda

ellie k said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. The rolls look yummy.

Cathy said...

You are so blessed. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family :)

threecollie said...

Jan, I do. thanks. It drives Peggy nuts. She keeps saying "I think I hear an owl." Everyone's a critic these days. lol

LInda, thanks, this year Ralph bought pies. I revolted. lol

Ellie K, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well and thank you!

Cathy, thanks and the same to you are yours.