(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: First Bird

Sunday, January 01, 2017

First Bird


Last year it was a Northern Flicker......in 2014 a Jacksonville Beach European Starling.... 

This morning my first bird was a Black-capped Chickadee, flipping down to the feeder at dawn in search of a sunflower seed. One of my two favorite birds..... Liz says my other favorites, the Carolina Wrens were much in evidence when we were down south. Hope we don't get a cold snap in February that wipes them out as is too often the case. 

Happy New Year to all....I am just waiting for the rest of the birds to get out of bed...er...roost....so I can do the first eBird list of the year.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy New Year to my favorite bird reporter ;)
I'm so tired I'm not sure what my first bird was this morning. I'm betting it was those house finches.

threecollie said...

Cathy, thanks, Happy New Year to you as well. I was tickled to get a Chickadee first