(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Did Ja Miss Me

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Did Ja Miss Me


The correct answer to that in this family is, "Were you gone?"

Well, not far. The boss went to the hospital healthy, for a meeting about the care of an elderly relative, and came home carrying a bug.

THE BUG really. It deserves such emphasis, believe me. 

He got sick first and was miserable for several days. Misery loves company and all that stuff, so we all joined him in his endeavor. A revolving door on the loo would have been a fine thing indeed.

Worst part of this particular plague is that the tummy symptoms, which are savage by themselves, are followed by respiratory distress in sad proportion. Alan and Becky both called in sick and if you know them that is not their norm.

Anyhow, somehow, here we are, all of us for the most part past the worst. I am still substituting Gatorade for morning coffee, but rumors of my demise...etc.......Not well by any means but healthy enough to sit at the computer wasting time when there are deadlines to meet, even though inspirations are scant.

If you have any ideas for a Farm Side that I can whip up by tomorrow noon I am open to suggestions. Thanks

7 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I did miss you! And am sorry to learn it was because of illness! I hope everyone is on the mend! Terry got pneumonia from visiting in a hospital...people don't realize how easy it is to get sick from a place of healing!

Carol said...

Yes, I did miss you. Sorry about the Bug.
I have been reading about the farmers in the Midwest that are having problems because of the low prices on corn, wheat and soy beans.
I often wonder why farmers buy the newest machinery and more land when prices are high then when prices are low, they are in danger
of losing their land. I may not understand, but it reminds me of people that go into debt when times are good and overextend. I have
always heard the saying, "good times do not last forever". What do you think?

threecollie said...

Linda, thanks. Ralph tries to do the right thing but he is going to communicate via phone and letter for a while. The entire family got sick!

Carol, thank you... I think it is often a tax thing. They can either pay the money out in taxes or buy a machine with it.

Jonna said...

I definitely missed you! There have been so many nasty bugs going around; I'm sorry one invaded your house. Take care of yourself!

threecollie said...

Jonna, thank you! This is a nasty one. You get up feeling all get up and go and before an hour has passed it has got up and went. Take care!

Cathy said...

I haven't blogged in days and came to this!! I'm so sorry. What a horrible bug!!! It's a relief to see you're still posting after all that. Stay well, my friend. Spring is coming!

threecollie said...

Cathy, it is good to be getting back to normal...pretty much...thanks