(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: In Like a....

Thursday, March 09, 2017

In Like a....


If March comes in like a dragon, will it go out like a gecko? I sure hope so

What crazy, windy weather! A friend drew this to our attention....train derails in wind. A friend of Liz's came home to the back of her house blown off. Others have lost huge trees and all manner of sheds and buildings. So far just small branches, chairs, and other odds and ends here. We keep hoping.

Meanwhile, we are becoming almost accustomed to phones jingling with warnings from weather services and power utilities, and to the house shaking and things blowing around all over.

Finn about lost his stuff this morning seeing objects that were closer than they appeared yesterday. Oh, how he hates anything out of place out in the yard! If only he had opposable thumbs he could be my gardener and keep it all tidy!

Thought I heard the first woodcock last night. In fact I am nearly positive. Alas I was taking photos on the wrong side of the house and when I went over to the best listening place it had stopped. Nothing this morning, but then what creature in its right mind would sing in this tempest. (Of course the cardinal was....)

Anyhoo, hang on tight and hope for the best. If this wind were to by chance dry up the ground so a little less mud was tracked into the house and coated every hair on our very hairy Border Collie, I guess I would let up on the complaining.

At least a little.




6 comments:

lisa said...

I came to work this morning and part of stone arabia road was closed. I don't know if that was because of the wind or not.

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

I love my hummingbird and watch him every night. Love, Mom

Terry and Linda said...

That wind was a nightmare here! I hope you all are safe!

threecollie said...

Lisa, it sure was a mess yesterday! We were okay, but hundreds of thousands were out of power. Don't know if it is fixed yet!

Mom, I am so glad. I enjoy ours too! Love you!

Linda, such weather! We are okay, hope you are too!

Cathy said...

A woodcock. Surely Spring can't be far behind.

Please. Please.. Please . . .

threecollie said...

Cathy, I can't be sure. I swear I heard him, but it was pretty noisy here. Did see a Killdeer today down by the river. But then again I was just out trying to photograph the moon and the wind was blowing so hard I couldn't hold my hands still!